Sunday, September 16, 2007

Treasure!

So often, I find myself sad that Max has not had a chance to do so many of the things that his friends are doing, like preschool and music class and swim class and dance and soccer.... the list could go on and on. I read the local community center activities lists and think about how much I wish he could go to things. Part of it is selfish, I will admit. I wouldn't mind the breaks that some of the activities offer. But also, I sometimes really feel like he is missing out on things. Like maybe if he doesn't take a class now, he will be behind later. And then we have things like yesterday, when he and Josh found an old hatbox in the attic. Josh brought it down and cleaned it and the hats up (yes Mom, we cleaned them really well before letting anyone play with them) and let the kids play with the hats that were inside. THere were two. One reminded Josh of Indiana Jones. The other was rounder with a flower. Max took one and gave the other to Lauren and they played games involving their hats. It was so much fun to watch. They are so inventive and imaginative. I love watching them learn, too. I worry that I am not doing a good enough job teaching them, but they continue to amaze me, especially Max. So maybe it isn't all bad that we are spending all this time together. This is a great age and so much fun.

No comments: