Tuesday, September 02, 2008

CBC - 09/02/2008

I can't believe the summer is "over" already and we only had to go to MGH once. Max had his two month checkup today. We drove in with friends from North Carolina who were visiting with plans to go to the Museum of Science beforehand, but got a late start, so dropped them off with Lauren (they are on my favorite friends list for taking her) and headed over. It was really backed up today. I should have known better than to go the day after a holiday weekend, but I don't think that sunk in when I booked it. Anyway, we waited for close to two hours before we got to see Dr. Ebb today, and the blood draw was after we were done with him, so we left right after they finished the draw. Dr. Ebb said he looked great and we booked an appt for early November. Then, we took the T to the Museum stop, met our friends (Mike had Lauren on his back and really appreciated why we wear her now), took the T back to North Station, and went to the North End for pastry at Maria's. Then we grabbed some pizza for me and Max as we hadn't eaten lunch yet (it was around 4:30 by this point), took the T back to the hospital, send our friends off to the airport, and drove home. Phew, what a day. The kids really enjoyed it. I guess Lauren had a blast at the MOS. Max had fun at the hospital as usual. He didn't seem to mind the wait at all.

I got a call from Dr. Ebb around 6:30 with the counts. They did a retic count but he didn't have them yet. Here is what he gave me. (I miss my printout. What will I file? ;) )

WBC: 5.8
PLT: 178
HGB: 13.1
HCT: 35.4
ANC: 1890

I think these are down a bit from last month (I suppose I could just check the blog) but they are in the normal range so all is good.

This evening, I went to the parent orientation/meet the teachers thing at Max's school. He starts kindergarten tomorrow. I got a bit teary eyed when I realized this was the third orientation in three years that I have attended, but the first one where I know for sure that he will get to start school. The first time, he wasn't expected to start (then ended up going the first week before his counts totally tanked and he got pulled out for the rest of the year). Last year, it took until Jan to start. Baring any unforseen illness tonight, he will be starting school tomorrow. That makes me smile.

No comments: