Thursday, May 21, 2009

Emotions

Max has his first loose tooth. First and second actually. He hadn't noticed, but the dentist pointed them out. I am not surprised, as many of his classmates have already lost a tooth or two (he is one of the youngest in his class, but a couple of the girls who are his age have lost them, too.) I am surprised at how emotional I am about this, but it made me well up with tears of happiness. It is one of those odd little nothing things that I wasn't sure we would ever get to experience with him. I am always surprised at the things that hit me. It is rarely the big events, usually little things that I remember enjoying as a child. Apparently, loosing a tooth was one of those things.

Max is almost done with Kindergarten. He has two and a half more weeks. The year has really flown. He has gotten so tall and doesn't seem like my little boy most of the time. But, he still likes to snuggle at night and tells me he loves me. He adores James more and more every day. I love my little big boy so much.

1 comment:

Jeanetta said...

Man...I remember when his baby teeth were coming IN, and now they're coming OUT! Tell him I said hi and I miss him. Hopefully someday I'll make it out there to see you guys. =)