Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Max's First Day of School

Or maybe I should say Max's 5th day of school. For me, this was a huge deal. He finally got to go back to school after all this time. For Max, it was more of a "well, it's about time" thing. I forgot the camera, so I couldn't get a picture, but honestly, there would have been nothing to take except for a picture of his back and he trotted off to the classroom. It was like he had never left. As we were driving in, he asked if I had remembered his lunch box. I told him that I hadn't signed him up for Lunch Bunch yet because I wanted him to have some time to get used to going. He told me he had already done that. The only bad point was when we were heading home. He told me that he hadn't done everything that he wanted to do yet. I tried to convince him that he was going back tomorrow, but I think he doesn't quite believe me. His teacher said that he had a great first day.

The weather is beautiful today, sunny and in the high 50s. They played outside a lot more than they normally would. I like that The Red Balloon is flexible like that. While he was there, Lauren and I met a friend and her younger daughter for coffee (her older daughter was also at preschool). It all felt so normal. I probably should have gotten so work done instead, but it was a really nice break.

I thought I would have issues with him being gone, but I think this is going to be a very good thing. We still have two days a week to go to the museum etc. It seems like a great balance.

I still can't believe he finally gets to go back.

No comments: