Friday, February 29, 2008

CBC-02/29/2008

Max had his monthly CBC today. The results were wonderful. Dr. Ebb even seemed surprised by them. (Oh, and I did confirm that last month, he chased us down to give us the good news.) His platelets were just shy of 198. All his counts were great. I checked on last months' retic count, too, and it was 1.7. He didn't ask for one this month as things have been so good. We have two more months of monthly tests and then should be able to move to bimonthly, which I am sure both Max and I will prefer.

Max did great with the blood draw. He told me he didn't think we should get a blood draw but should do something else instead this morning, and expressed some displeasure when I put the Emla on (he said it hurt, and I know that it did not), and he told me he was scared when she did the draw, but he sat still and didn't even cry. As soon as it was over, he went back to playing. Lauren came in with us and she was her usually silly self. IT was a nice visit.

I really struggled this week. I keep wondering when I will stop worrying so much. The closer to the draw we get, the more I worry, I think. It took me a few days to figure out what was bothering me, because it is really subconcious, but the worry is definitely there. I was not very pleasant to be around today. We didn't even do anything before the appointment because I just wasn't up to it. I hope that I will be able to learn to stop worrying. It is exhausting.

Anyway, here is the wonderful news:

WBC: 8.9
HCT: 36.6
HGB: 13.5
PLT: 198 (With a happy note on the lab sheet saying New normal range :) )
ANC: >4500

No comments: