Saturday, March 15, 2008

Max's First Book

Max decided he wanted to write a book this evening. He even knew what it would be called: The Two Lobsters. He asked Josh to get some paper, had me getting him some markers, and sat down with Josh and dictated it to him. He had Josh draw the first picture, but then, after some encouragement, illustrated the rest himself (though he did have me add a picture after the fact. Just for the record, Josh draws a much better lobster than I do.). After we were done, I bound the book for him using his hole punch (thanks, Miss Ellen) and some string. He wants to take it to school and put it in the bookcase for all the kids to read.

Here is the story.
One lobster was all alone and it had no friends to play with.
Then, one lobster scurried by. The first lobster who was all alone saw the other lobster scurry by.

(Max has requested that I include the picture that I drew, even though there is no text to go along with it. So, per his request, it is in here. I was supposed to draw a big lobster and a little one. After I drew the second one, he said "Well, that's more medium, but it is okay.")


Then, the two lobsters married and then they came together forever.

No comments: