Saturday, April 26, 2008

One More Week

Well, technically, only 4 more days, but we won't know anything for another week. On the 30th, we will celebrate one year of Max being off the cyclosporene. This will be a really big deal. If he doesnt' relapse within a year, I guess that his chance of relapse is much lower. (I know, I keep saying this.) I can't believe how much I am concentrating on this date. How much I worry about it. I will feel so much better on Friday after he has had his blood test. This is going to be a long, long week. I was starting to worry about it as early as last Monday. I was considering calling to see if they could get us in on Monday instead, but then the kids both got sick, and Max even got a fever, and not only do I not like to take sick kids into a place with a bunch of kids on chemo with shot immune systems, but I would rather his body has a little more time to recover, so I left it for Friday. I can tell I am already worrying, though. It isn't a conscious thing, more of a feeling of low grade, in the back of my mind stress. I am sure it will be fine, but it doesn't make it easier. Friday can not come too soon for me.

No comments: