Friday, May 02, 2008

Anniversary Great News: CBC - 05/02/2008

Well, after a week of stressing, and two weeks of having a sick Max, we had Max's blood draw today and the results were great. I was my typical stress case, but when Dr. Ebb looked at Max's shins and also after they took the needle out and he didn't bleed at all, I felt a lot better, so I was not all that surprised that his platelet count was good. But the counts were all as good or better than I could have hoped for.

We started the morning helping out watching a friend's daughter, and my friend was kind enough to offer to watch Lauren in the afternoon. I was planning on going to the Museum of Science in the morning, but that would have meant dragging all three to the hospital afterwards, so we skipped that. Instead, after Max's appointment, he and I took the T to the North End for a slice of pizza and then Maria's Pastries. A very sweet person sent us a gift certificate to Maria's, and we took advantage of it. Max hadn't ridden the T before, and it was a great adventure for him, though a bit stressful for me, as I still haven't mastered it, and it is hard enough for me to read signs, think and get to the right trains without keeping track of Max, but it was fun anyway. The North End was packed with new Northeastern grads, so it was full of life. Max enjoyed his pizza and cannolli. Then we headed back. We ended the evening with a trip to Max's favorite restaurant for sushi. Now, hopefully, he will be as tired as I am and go to bed.

We don't have to go back for two months. I can't believe how great that feels.

The counts:
WBC: 7.5
HCT: 36.4
HGB: 13.2
PLT: 224
ANC: >2800

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sushi!! cool go max

Anonymous said...

So glad to read this. Wonderful news and I hope you'll be able to breathe easier now.