Monday, August 20, 2007

Simple Joys

Sometimes, I need to learn from Max. He and Lauren take such joy from little things. He can be very demanding at times, but more often than not, it doesn't take much to make him happy. Last week, we had storms off and on through out the week. Max just wanted to run and play in the rain. I remember a day when I was in college, walking home from a festival in a terrible thunderstorm. We were running around, getting soaking wet, and just enjoying it. These days, when Max wanted to do the same type of thing, I wouldn't let him because I didn't think it was safe. But, I did let him stand on the porch and dance as the rain poured down on him. I, on the other hand, sat on the bench and stayed dry. And smiled the whole time.

2 comments:

Pollianicus said...

He sounds like Ruaridh who absolutely adores getting wet. I love autumn walks in the rain - so long as everyone is wrapped up - and then home for a cup of tea.

Anonymous said...

Can you remember dancing in the rain in your front garden at Lehigh? I think we had just eaten Lobster but that might have been another day.