Wednesday, August 08, 2007

A Wonderful Week

We just returned from a week at "The Lake." It was so nice. We spent so much time there last year, as there were so few places we could go and things we could do. It was nice to be there this year just because we wanted to be there. The kids had a great time. Max loves it up there. We fished and swam and boated and played on the rocks. He got to go flying with Grampa Rich. It is so nice to watch him play on the rocks and not worry about him falling. Of course, at this time last year, I hadn't really learned to fear the falling yet. But, it is so nice to watch him play and not worry too much. His color is great, too. I love seeing the red cheeks and lips. He has had a cough for a couple of weeks, which has worried us, but it seems to be getting better. He has no fever or other signs of illness, so we are just watching it.

I can't believe how tall he has gotten. He is muscular, too. He can run and run again. What a difference from a few month ago when he got winded fairly easily. I had never seen a child out of shape before. I just always imagined that they would run and run and never really get tired. He can do that again. We pretty much have to drag him away from activities. We had to drag him shivering out of the lake a couple of times. He is just like his Uncle Greg. :)

Speaking of Uncle Greg, we got to see him on this trip. The visit was short, but Max loved it. He adores Uncle Greg. I wish we lived closer to him.

I will post a few pictures soon.

No planned blood draws until the end of the month, unless I get worried about something. I need to learn to trust his health and not rely on CBCs to know how he is doing.

No comments: