Saturday, March 17, 2007

A Very Late Post

I need to stop making appointments on Fridays. The clinic is crazy busy on Fridays and I always get home exhausted and then I don't post. Sorry for the delay, everyone.

Max's CBC numbers were good again last week, though his platelets were down a bit, which made me nervous. His doctor has been out of the hospital for the last month, so we didn't get to talk to him. I suspect there is no significance in the drop, but it was the first time the numbers had gone down and it has worried me some. His neutrophil count, on the other hand, was over 2000, which was the highest it has been. He continues to do well and was great at the hospital as usual. One advantage of going on Fridays is the art therapist is there. He really enjoyed drawing, painting, and playing with modelling clay. It really was a very easy appointment.

The good news was that last week, we had an early taste of Spring and were able to do a lot of things outdoors, including visit the playground and the zoo. The zoo trip was especially nice for all of us. Unfortunately, Lauren caught something during one of our outtings (probably the playground) and has been sick since Thursday, but it was so nice for all of us to get out, see other people, and have a change of environment. We have all been pretty stir crazy being stuck inside during the brutally cold weather.

I have not had a chance to talk to his doctor yet, but I suspect we will go back in three weeks and that his nurse will come late next week. I will give them a call on Monday and confirm that.

I have misplaced the counts printout but this is what I remember.

WBC: 4.4
PLT: 209
ANC: 2014

His HGB and HCT were in good shape. In fact, his HGB was in the normal range.

We have just about a month left on the medication. I am hoping that when he finishes with the cyclosporene, his mood will level off a bit, though I realize he is 3 and therefore prone by nature to meltdowns. I hope they will be less severe, though.

No comments: