Thursday, July 26, 2007

An Anniversary

I was going to post about this last week, but I think it might have come out to be more negative than it actually should have been, so I waited.

Friday was the one year anniversary of the day when we first found out Max was sick, even though it was two more months before he was finally diagnosed. What a long year it has been. We have learned that we have strength that we didn't think imaginable. Max has been so amazing through all of this. He has stayed such a happy and positive child. We are so lucky that Lauren is as young as she is, too, because she has been so accepting of it all. She has been passed around from person to person, sometimes dropped off at people's homes when she barely knew them. We have made some great friends. We have had many sleepless nights, and I am still not sure when the fear and worry go away. I still can not bathe Max without looking at every single bruise on him, and constantly look for petechia. But, it is getting better. We went to the park on Tuesday and Max climbed and ran and I found that I wasn't spending the entire time worrying about him falling.

A person close to me told me that she doesn't read Max's blog because she thinks blogs are "self serving." I am amazed at how much that upset me. I suppose she is right, though. This blog has really helped me get through this. I thank all of you who have left supporting comments either on the blog or directly to me. You all have helped us get through the last year.

Max has a CBC scheduled this afternoon. I will post when I get home. I also have some new pictures to post, but the computer is being difficult and I can't seem to get to them right now. I will try to post those in the next couple of days. :)

No comments: