Thursday, July 26, 2007

CBC - 07/26/2007

The hospital visit went very well today. Afternoon visits mean rush hour traffic on the way home, though, so I am posting this late.

Dr. Ebb was very happy with the way Max looks. He is still growing like a weed and is now over 103.5 cm tall. His counts were down a bit from last month, though, so he pushed the decision to remove the port off another month.

I hadn't written about this because I didn't want to worry people, but last week, after he came out of his birthday with a bruise on the cheek (from a very hard collision with his cousin), and some broken blood vessels in his eye (from me poking him in the eye with a fingernail :( ), I got worried and had the nurse do a blood draw. The platelets were down to 93, but that was high enough so that I wasn't worried about them. However, his white count had dropped to 3.5 and his ANC was only 544. So, as compared to last week, his counts were actually up. I was pretty relieved to see that.

Here they are.

WBC: 4.2
HCT: 33.6
HGB: 12.5
PLT: 97
ANC: 1220

I asked the doctor and he said it is normal for numbers to fluxuate. So I am not too worried. I don't mind a dip as long as it goes back up, though I have to say the 544 worried me. His ANC hasn't been below 700 since December. I am really glad that is is back up over 1000.

We go back in a month. Hopefully they will decide to remove the port then. At this rate, it will come out in October as originally planned. It isn't a big deal, but symbolically it will be.

No comments: