Monday, December 11, 2006

CBC:12/11/06, Some Good Signs?

I hate to even say it. I am afraid to get my hopes up and then get crushed again. But, his CBC results were better than expected yet again. 10 days after his last transfusion and he still had 20,000 platelets. This was definitely better than expected. The biggest surprise today, though, was his ANC. It was 700. After a couple of weeks at <100, I was happy with last Thursday's 360. 700 was a number I couldn't have even hoped for. Hopefully it will stay up, though I am sure we will still be seeing it bounce around. But, for the first time since July, his body is actually making neutrophils. We are going either tomorrow or Wednesday, depending on when I can get someone to watch Lauren.

WBC: 3.4
HCT: 28
HGB: 9.8
Platelets: 20
ANC: 700

We had a nice weekend. Grandma "Mom" and Grampa Rich came down for a couple of days, we had a photographer come to the house to take family pictures, and Max got to help chop down and then decorate a Christmas tree. He is pretty excited about Christmas and has been walking around clutching his stocking talking about when the "Real Santa" will come and put presents in his "Sock." Now if we can just get a little snow.

No comments: