Friday, December 01, 2006

I never thought I would be excited about 19,000 platelets

Max's platelet count was 19 today. This was much higher than expected. He was only down 10 from Wed and 27 from Monday. His platelets are dropping at a much slower rate than they expected. This is very good news. They did transfuse today seeing as it was Friday. However, next week the visiting nurse is coming on Thursday for a CBC and Dr. Ebb thinks there is a possibility he may not need a transfusion at all next week. We will be keeping our fingers crossed.

The cancer center has art therapy on Friday mornings. Max had a blast. There were a lot of things going on there today and he enjoyed all of them. It was also the shortest visit we have had, which was nice. We were on our way home before 1, and that was with me losing the parking ticket. Max was tired and grumpy when we left, though. He insisted that I wear him on my front (no easy feat) and snuggled in and fell asleep as I went down to the parking lot. I am glad he was comfortable at least. :)

WBC: 2.8
HCT: 32.3
HGB: 12.1
PLT: 19
ANC: 56

No comments: