Wednesday, December 20, 2006

How Strange to Have Nothing to Report

It has been just under a week since Max's last blood test. This seems so strange to me. I am used to having a good idea of where his platelets are, and I honestly have no clue right now. He looks good. There is some bruising and a bit of petikia (I really need to learn to spell that one of these days), but nothing too bad. He has color in his cheeks, so his red count can't have dropped horribly over the last handful of days. It has been three months since he has gone this long between tests and it just feels strange.

Max is really looking forward to Santa's arrival and finally getting to open the presents that have been taunting him from the tree. We are going to see his cousins Anna and Sophie for the first time in months and he is thrilled. We are trying hard to keep things as normal as possible. This whole thing has kept me out of the mall for the most part this season, and I have decided that is not necessarily a bad thing.

The nurse comes tomorrow. Hopefully the news will be good. We are all hoping that our Christmas wishes of a Max on the road to recovery will be granted.

I wish I could take a picture of him right now. He is sound asleep on my lap. He may be getting bigger but he is still my little peanut.

No comments: