Thursday, February 15, 2007

A Late Update

Max went to MGH for a routine checkup a little over a week ago. The appointment went very well, but we took Lauren in that day as well to see her GI doctor (who said she will probably always be thin but as long as she continues to grow we don't have to go back - yay!) and balancing the two children all day was exhausting and I basically crashed when i got home. Then, I left for a much needed two day vacation to visit my brother, without the kids. So, I got behind on my posting. I have some great pictures to post, but things have been busy, so I am just going to post the CBC results and a few comments.

WBC: 4.9
HCT: 30.9
HGB: 11.4
PLT: 114
ANC: 1080

Dr. Ebb is really pleased. He was happy to see the white count continuing to rise and didn't seem concerned that his ANC and HCT were down a bit. He said that his platelet count is high enough for him to go sledding or skating (with a helmet, of course). Now that it is finally cold enough for their to be ice on the pond and it snowed, we will be taking advantage of that. Max has been sledding on the little pile of snow outside of our house, and a neighbor gave us skates that fit him. If the weather cooperates, I might try him out on the skates tomorrow. He really wants to give it a try.

No comments: