Saturday, February 24, 2007

Winter Fun!

We finally have snow and Max's platelet count is plenty high enough for him to participate in winter activities! We have been taking advantage of this to the best of our ability. Max loves sledding on the snowbank at the top of our driveway by the garage (way away from the road). He also has enjoyed snowshoeing around the yard. After days of being too cold to do much, it finally warmed up and we tried to go skating, but the ice pond had melted. We are going to try again this weekend. Max can't wait to get out on the skates that a neighbor lent him. (They also lent him the snowshoes and some skis.)

I can not begin to express the joy I feel watching him play like a normal 3 year old. I have almost stopped worrying about every tiny fall. I am not sure if I will ever be able to return to the completely relaxed mother that I was, but I am a lot better. We went to the park the day that it was too warm to ski, and I was able to talk with another parent while Max ran round the park, playing on the slides and swings. I didn't let him climb some of the scarier things, partially because it was snowy and his clothing was bulky and harder to manuver in, but other than that, I just let him have fun. I can still feel the panic in the back of my mind, but it is much less prevalent.

No comments: